I shared a bit about my weight loss journey with you here.
I found this image and thought it was so appropriate! I used to tell people in my Weight Watchers classes that we haven’t failed unless we stop trying.
One week may be good. The next week not so good, but as long as we are still trying and not giving up, then that is a win. Let’s try to view our “not so good” weeks and our set-backs as guidelines!
What I want to do on Wednesdays from now on is share some things that have helped me be successful in losing weight and keeping it off.
Some of the things I share with you may be hard for you. Some of them may make you scratch your head and think I am crazy! But I hope that by sharing things I have learned over the last 27 years of working on a healthy lifestyle, you may find one or two things that will help you too.
Today I want to share with you some simple things that I shared with my members over the years.
- Know the difference between an EXCUSE and a REASON.
- We can always find an EXCUSE for NOT making the healthy choice. Can we find one REASON to MAKE the healthy choice today?
- Strive for more good choices than bad choices in a day.
- A week is 7 days long…one bad day DOES NOT ruin a whole week!
- A little bit of exercise is better than NO exercise.
- Get 8 hours of sleep when possible.
- Drink your milk!
- Drink your water! EVERY DAY. Well…at least MOST days!
- Track your food intake…whether it is calories, points or food…write it down. You might be surprised at how much…or how little you are eating.
- Use the SMART goal setting system.
Questions? Leave them in the comments or e-mail me.
I want a catchy name for my Wednesday series on weight loss and achieving a healthy lifestyle. Any ideas?