One evening soon after Amy died, my husband and I were praying together and he thanked God for Amy and the situation we were in…I cannot remember his exact words, but I remember being really irritated! After we finished praying, I asked him what he thought he was doing THANKING GOD for this horrible, life-changing event we were experiencing?!? He said something along the lines of…”we are to be thankful at all times, for all things. I am just trying to follow what the Lord says.” Ouch! I didn’t come around immediately…but I did get “there.” “There” being able to say thank you for that experience, for that time in my life, for the way it changed me and others for the better.
So…I continue adding to my gratitude list. I join with Ann and others…check it out…
262. another gentle reminder to be thankful.
263. new week.
263. new school year.
264. courage to move forward.
265. conversation with son.
266. more travel plans.
267. joyful tears on checks.
268. opportunity to share my faith.
269. young friend that joined us at church yesterday.
270. 3 year old that came to tell me “you are a good singer” after church. It warmed my heart!!
271. wonderful friends that are part of our prayer group.
272. lessons learned.
273. sun streaming through the trees.
274. another day to try and live His message and share His good news with those I meet.
I hope you have a wonderful day. What are you thankful for this week?